Set For Aluminium Line
Today, large Aluminium CCR rod lines in the modern globalized world may require a Furnaces Set (Melting and Holding) with production rates above 5.0 tph up to 8.0 tph and more and at the same time a modest investment cost, a compact lay-out, low maintenance and low gas consumption.
Taking advantage of 30+ years of experience with Shaft furnaces, only Continuus-Properzi can offer today a precise answer to this market demand that is the Vert-Melt family.
The Melting Furnace Vert-Melt is a combination of a vertical Melting furnace (Shaft) with a static receiving/holding chamber.
- Very high production rate
- The skip charging machine is almost automatic
- Constant melting rate not disturbed by charging operation
- Energy efficiency higher than any Reverberatory Furnace with regenerative burners (-25%)
- Metal losses are three times less and even more compared with a Reverberatory Furnace (1.5% against 4.5%)
- Easy operability and low maintenance
- Low emissions
- Possibility of continuous alloys production feeding two Holding Furnaces: one for alloying practices and one to feed the casting machine
- Vert-Melt Technology does not need sophisticated and energy wasting stirring systems nor delicate maintenance, and spare parts for regenerative burners and tabular alumina
The charging system is very reliable and permits loading either ingot bundles or compressed bundles of pure aluminium scraps.
The charging system is equipped with the following safety devices:
- Overload protection, to prevent operation exceeding the maximum charging load admissible
- Surrounding protections properly interlocked
- A closed circuit TV and camera system monitors the charge position inside the Shaft
The advantage of this continuous charging system is that heat loss is minimal and the furnace walls are subjected to any thermal shock.