The demand for Electrolytic Tough Pitch (ETP) copper rod is growing at a rate of 3.5 – 4.0% y-o-y and Properzi can say that the technical requirements for copper rod are becoming more and more severe year after year.
Anticipating such market needs, Continuus-Properzi designs, manufactures and services the most advanced plants, from furnaces to coiler and associated packaging, for the production of ETP copper rod.
The standard plants available in Properzi’s production program are:
- SMALL – from 5.0 tph to 10.0 tph, expected yearly output: from 25,000 t to 58,000 t
- MEDIUM – from 12.5 tph to 20.0 tph, expected yearly output: from 61,000 t to 115,000 t
- LARGE – from 25.0 tph to 40.0 tph, expected yearly output: 125,000 t to 250,000 t
Main advantages of Properzi rod:
- Highest worldwide percentage of premium quality
- Highest rod quality for ETP (Electrolytic Tough Pitch), exceeding the reference standards
- Rod quality repeatable and constant
- Widest range of commercial Cu Rod diameters
- Maximum flexibility in processing Cu cathodes, even of low quality
- Increased mechanical properties using the 2-Roll Rolling Process in the Roughing Mill
- Best geometrical quality using the 3-Roll Rolling Process in the Finishing Mill
- Perfect coil shape in both concentric and orbital types
Continuus-Properzi has evolved into a real EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) supplier that has accumulated the most worldwide experience and relevant know-how regarding complete Electrolytic Tough Pitch (ETP) wire rod lines, from furnaces to coiler, for the copper rod and wire industry.
Moreover the company supplies a variety of furnaces: melting/holding for an ETP copper rod cast-house, or melting/refining/holding for a combined system that produces both ETP and FRHC (Fire Refined High Conductivity) copper rod.
Now Continuus-Properzi is offering a special Technical Services to all Properzi Users that is delineated in three different options:
- E-mail Consultancy
- Remote Assistance
- Technical Audit at Customer’s site
E-mail Consultancy – It is a fast “problem solving” approach based on information exchange via e-mail. The Customer will detail the issue to email@example.com describing it in detail, clarifying in which specific cases it occurs and adding any meaningful pictures or additional information. Properzi will deploy its dedicated and qualified engineering/process team until problem resolution.
Remote Assistance Service – It is a direct point to point connection between Properzi’s control room and Customer Line PLC. To be used only when the need arises, it allows CP software and process specialists to operate on the Customer PLC in order to introduce any required adjustment/modification either to the software or to the working parameters. To enable the Remote Assistance Service a communication module has to be installed and connected to the Internet.
Technical Audit at Customer site – This requires dispatching Properzi’s specialist/s to site in order to assist the customer in resolving the most critical issues, the ones which cannot be addressed by mail and require Properzi’s physical presence on the Line. The Technical Audit will be quoted on a case by case basis by our Technical Consultancy manager.
With the above very minor investments the Properzi User can obtain:
- Fast Trouble shooting and relevant remedies
- Continuous operator(s) training
- Opportunity for improvement and modernization
- Quality improvement
- Total Efficiency improvement
- Consistent Economic Savings